October 19, 2005

Strawberry and Kiwi Pavlova

Strawberry and Kiwi Pavlova
A variation of the Passionfruit Pavlova. Using exactly the same recipe except with strawberries and kiwis as topping. A fabulous spring dessert when strawberries and kiwifruit are in abundance!

Pavlova Meringue Base ready to be baked
Pavlova Meringue Base ready to be baked

Cooled Pavlova Meringue Base
Cooled Pavlova Meringue Base, the cracks are quite normal as the soft centre sinks back

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pavlova Base topped with Whipped Cream

Finished Strawberry and Kiwi Pavlova
Finished Strawberry and Kiwi Pavlova

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At October 20, 2005, Blogger Edith said...

awesome!!!! what do you with the egg yolks?

 
At October 20, 2005, Blogger Florence said...

Hi SD,
Nice pavlova.
Been wanting to try this yonks ago but never got around to doing it.
Will do one patriotic pav soon.

Egg yolks...cookies or tart shells!

 
At October 21, 2005, Blogger jadepearl said...

Hi SD!

This is just so yummylicious! I wish I can come out with beautiful cakes like you guys! I can never decorate a cake like that!

BTW, hope you don't mind me tagging you. Currently, there's this tagging game at the blogger about "MeMe: Childhood Food Memories". Love to hear about your fav. childhood food!

Take care!

 
At October 24, 2005, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Edith,
Thanks. Egg yolks, apart from what Florence mentioned, can also be used to make mayonnaise, custard, pastry cream, or what I loved to make when having 4 extra egg yolks - Delia Smith's Melting Chocolate Puddings! They are the best chocolate puddings I have ever tasted, yummy! Recipe is on her website.

Florence,
Thanks. Ha-ha, pav would be a cinch to make for you :)

jadepearl,
Ha-ha, I just dumped the fruit on top only, no decoration skill needed lah :)
Hey, you're the third person tagging me on this meme - now in the middle of writing it up - no choice lah, been extremely busy the past week or so, will try to finish it sometimes this week ;)

 
At October 24, 2005, Blogger jadepearl said...

Serious? wow! you should check out my cakes...never good at decor!
Can't wait to read all about your MeMe!

I hope you don't mind me linking your blog at my blogger.

Take care!

 
At October 24, 2005, Blogger SeaDragon said...

jadepearl,
No worries :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home