August 31, 2006

Gallery Aug06



Blueberry Sour Cream Coffeecake Aug06
Blueberry Coffeecake - A Sour Cream Coffeecake filled with blueberries and topped with ground walnut!

Blueberry Sour Cream Coffeecake Aug06
Blueberry Coffeecake

Chocolate Cake Aug06
Chocolate Cake - A recipe from an old AWW cookbook given to me by one of my relatives. Very good with dense chocolatey texture!

Chocolate Cake Aug06
Chocolate Cake - Too lazy to make the Sour Cream Frosting which accompanied the recipe in the cookbook, so just served with a dollop of creme fraiche (a type of sour cream) and strawberry jam on the side.

Australian Gourmet Traveller Aug06
Saw this current issue in the newsagency this morning and promptly brought it home! If you are a recipe hoarder (emmm, collector) like me, have a look inside this August 2006 issue of the Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine which have 40 best recipes from 40 years of the magazine, one from each year beginning from 1966!

100s & 1000s Butter Cake Aug06
100's & 1000's Butter Cake - A simple normal butter cake with 100's & 1000's coloured sugar added (mix the coloured sugar with a little of the flour and fold in last, as coloured sugar will melt and colour the batter if mixed for too long).

10 Comments:

At August 19, 2006, Blogger Edith said...

Such a colourful butter cake! I am sure the kids will love it. Care to share recipe please. Thanks.

 
At August 20, 2006, Blogger diddy said...

so festive looking! Very pretty and I'm sure tasty too!

 
At August 22, 2006, Blogger Audrey Cooks said...

I wonder if I can get the Gourmet Traveller issue here in Malaysia. Must check it out!

 
At August 22, 2006, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Edith,
I will post a full recipe soon, but you can use your favourite butter cake recipe, reduce caster sugar slightly and add about 75g 100's & 1000's for a normal loaf tin sized cake (rememeber to fold the 100's & 1000's in last).

Thanks, diddy :)

WhItE_PoPlAr,
Yeah, quite a few recipes worth keeping in this issue :)

Audrey Cooks,
Check out their web page, the link I've given under the photo.

 
At August 22, 2006, Blogger Flower said...

Must buy the magazine today. I hope they still have it in the shop.

 
At August 24, 2006, Blogger SeaDragon said...

flower,
Did you manage to get that issue? I saw today that the September issue is out on the stand already.

 
At August 25, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

SD,

Your choc cake looks very good. Is this a butter or sponge cake?

 
At August 27, 2006, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Angie,
Thanks :) It's a butter cake.

WhItE_PoPlAr,
Thanks :) Glad you like it, it's indeed a very additive cake.

 
At August 31, 2006, Blogger Flower said...

No, I missed it. Maybe I'll try to order a back issued. Cross my fingers...

 
At September 03, 2006, Blogger SeaDragon said...

WhItE_PoPlAr,
Will post it today.
Summer desserts? I think spring desserts first ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home