May 27, 2007

Profiteroles & Cream Puffs

Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce
Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce

Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce
Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce

Shaping Profiteroles

Profiteroles - Shaping Choux Paste
Shaping Profiteroles – Pipe out Profiteroles using a ½-inch round nozzle or drop teaspoonfuls of pastry onto baking tray for each Profiterole.

Profiteroles - Shaping Choux Paste
Profiteroles – For piped pastry, dip your fingers into water and press down the pointed ends.

Profiteroles - Baked Choux Puffs
Baked Profiteroles.

Profiteroles - Filling Choux Puffs with Crème Chantilly
Filling Profiteroles with Crème Chantilly (Sweetened Whipped Cream).

Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce
Serve filled Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce.

Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce
Cream Puffs served with Chocolate Sauce.

Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce
Cream Puffs served with Chocolate Sauce.

Cream Puffs with Chocolate Sauce
Cream Puffs served with Chocolate Sauce.

For Choux Pastry recipe, please see Mini Raspberry Éclairs’ post.

16 Comments:

At May 29, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

These puffs look so wonderful, especially the mountain of profiterioles :P

 
At May 29, 2007, Blogger jadepearl said...

OMG...delicious!!!

 
At May 30, 2007, Blogger Edith said...

what a clever way of injecting the cream into the puff. Cream puff is one of my favourite but the last time I tried it, if failed miserably. :(

 
At June 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the choux recipe, how about the cream put into your puff. It made from whipping cream doesn`t it?

 
At June 03, 2007, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Thanks, Angie, jadepearl & Edith :)

Anon.,
Yes, it's just whipping cream + icing sugar to taste and whip them up. Or you can also fill with the Pastry Cream (Creme Patissiere recipe in the eclairs post).

 
At June 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you mind telling me the differences between whipping cream and topping cream?

 
At June 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks simply delicious! Can't go wrong with whipping cream + chocolate :D

And the pastry looks really professional

 
At June 07, 2007, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Oh dear, you got me there. I've never heard of Topping Cream before. I googled and found that it is 'non-dairy whipping cream', but another website said it is made from dairy, so don't know which is correct??? Maybe it is just another name for whipping cream in some countries, e.g. whipping cream is known as 'thickened cream' here in Australia. Can anyone help, if you have used Topping Cream before? I don't think I have even seen non-dairy cream here in Australia, as most supermarkets here only sell dairy cream.
Anyway, whipping cream refers to dairy cream that has milkfat of at least 35% plus a little gelatine added into it to help stabilize the cream when you whip it up. HTH.

durianberry,
Thanks :)

 
At June 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Profiteroles. They are so delicious.

 
At June 16, 2007, Blogger SeaDragon said...

The Cooking Ninja,
Me too, love all the choux pastry snacks :)

 
At June 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Topping cream is a non dairy whipping cream. According to the teacher at Baker with Yen in Msia, that cream holds up better when you use it to ice cakes. However, I live in USA and I can't find it too.. We can only get heavvy whipping cream....

 
At June 25, 2007, Blogger SeaDragon said...

Thanks for the info. So topping cream is definitely a non dairy whipping cream. Will keep that in mind for the future.

 
At September 06, 2009, Anonymous Moon Apple said...

I've made the choux pastry on Friday and it turned out very well. I've filled the puff with durian and whipped cream. When I ran out of whipped cream, I used whipped the thickened cream instead, actually I think thickened cream taste better than the whipped cream...??

 
At September 11, 2009, Blogger SeaDragon said...

When you whip the thickened cream, it becomes whipped cream, I don't understand your question? Or are you comparing bought-whipped-cream with thickened cream that you whip yourself?

 
At June 04, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sea Dragon,
I had the pastry cream prepared yesterday according to your recipe and they taste great. Today I go for the puffs. Not sure what I did wrong, but my puffs collapsed pretty badly and it's not like the round puffy ones seen on your pictures. I followed the procedures and ingredients exactly, excepted I used all egg yolks. Can you give me some hint?

 
At June 14, 2010, Blogger SeaDragon said...

mona,
Sorry, since you used egg yolks only, I can't give you an answer as I have never tried that myself. As far as I know, whole eggs are always used to make puffs, never just using egg yolks only.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home